Saturday, May 23, 2009

Gaspar Noe's Enter the Void


The NY Times reveiw of Gaspar Noe's new film, "Enter the Void", got me really excited about this film, but if it is anything like his last film Irreversible, I probably shouldn't be quite as excited. I did not like Irreversible. It was the most disgusting piece of shock cinema I have probably ever seen (and I have seen a lot of fucked up movies). There were definitely things about that film that I liked (the broken up backwards story line, some of the cinematography) but it was too brutally violent for me. This film looks to be a completely different beast. And according to the Times review of the showing at Cannes, looks to be a compilation of several techniques and methods used by some of my personal favorite filmmakers. I'll definitely see it, I just hope its nothing like Irreversible. Read the article on Nytimes.com:

No comments:

Post a Comment