Sunday, May 3, 2009

First Day of Blogging

So today I started my blog. At first I really wasn't sure where to begin, especially since there are so many things I could include in a movie blog. There isn't any kind of order I can start with in terms of the films that I love and the stuff that I watch, so I figured it best to just put links of my favorite sites, lists of favorite films, directors and trailers of things that I have been reading about. I haven't had a chance to watch anything over the weekend, but the last film that i watched and really enjoyed was The Good the Bad the Weird. The link for the trailer is below. It was hard to find, Netflix doesn't have it yet and I had to order it on Amazon, but if you can get your hands on some Korean films like this one I think it would be worth it. The Good the Bad the Weird is like an homage to Sergio Leone Korean style, great cinematography (I love great visuals in films) the guy who plays the "weird" is a fun character (Kong Sang-ho, a really good actor in Korea, he was also in The Host). Another Korean film I saw recently but did not like as much was The Chaser. This was an extremely violent, disturbing thriller about a serial killer. Very similar to Memories of Murder in a lot of ways (not nearly as good in my opinion) but still interesting. I also watched Christmas in August and really enjoyed that film. It is a nice, romantic movie about a guy who owns a photo shop and is dying (you never really find out how but probably cancer related) and spends his last few weeks working at the shop and meets a younger girl who he falls in love with. It was really cheesy but one of those films that puts a smile on your face. Anyway, that's what I've been watching this week. Next up: Wolverine, Diabolique, El Topo, and Juliet of the Spirits...

No comments:

Post a Comment